Scentwork is all about your dog using his natural ability to scent and differentiate between certain smells.
Scentwork improves the relationship between you and your dog. It is suitable for all breeds and all ages. It is also great FUN for both of you, very rewarding but mentally very tiring.
You can train your dog to find his favourite food, toy or a specific scent.
- FUN games you can play at home
- A great way to mentally tire your dog
- Suitable for all ages and breeds
- No previous experience necessary
- FUN and relaxed sessions
Regular classes are held on Friday mornings 10:30 – 12:30 and most Saturdays 1:00 -2:00pm.
During these classes you will learn
- How to teach your dog to find a specific scent
- Teach a passive indication
- Understand the 'scent picture'
- Understand how to read your dogs body language
- How to link scents with a variety of items
- How to get your dog to ignore food and toys whilst searching
- Teach commitment to scent source
- Teach early directional commands
- Learn the do's and don'ts to minimise scent contamination
- How to deal with false indications
- Teach several finds per area
- Create more difficult scenting challenges
Scentwork UK Trials are held locally so that when you are ready, if you would like to put your training to the test then you can enter your dog into level 1. These Trials are very friendly and you will get to meet lots of other people sharing your passion for Scentwork.